New job posting (September 11, 2018). Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Tom Pearce at Tom.Pearce@riopc.edu. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Enforces all policies to ensure safe operation of the Westerly Education Center.
Work Schedule: 15 hours per week
Shifts: 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m., Monday through Friday
Supervises: No supervisory role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol Westerly Education Center (WEC) building interior and property.
- Answer main telephone, assist callers, take messages, and direct calls to appropriate program staff.
- Assist guests by providing information and services or directing guests to the appropriate source for assistance.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Report any observations concerning hazardous, dangerous, or unsafe conditions that may cause injury to guests and/or employees immediately.
- Unable to act as current law enforcement security officers and cannot assist with disturbances or arrests. This is an unarmed role.
- Perform nightly property closure procedures.
- Light cleaning responsibilities, e.g., cleaning white boards, cleaning TV monitors, etc.
- Constantly stand, walk several hundred feet, climb, carry, hear, bend, and stoop.
- Constantly use manual dexterity, follow directions, and adhere to detail.
- Frequent sitting, standing, speaking, seeing, hearing, and listening.
- Frequently use eye/hand coordination.
Previous employment in a security role and some experience working in an office environment. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must pass a successful background screening. Strong communication skills. Professional appearance. References upon request. Must have vehicle or transportation.
Pay rate: $15/hour
The following teaching positions are open. Click on the titles to learn more about the application details.