New job posting (October 2, 2018). Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Tom Pearce at Tom.Pearce@riopc.edu. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Part-time (19 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director, Westerly Education Center
To be responsible for performing a variety of complex technical support tasks within the area of specialization directly related to the operation and maintenance of mini computers, networks, and/or telecommunications systems, as well as other related systems; and to do related work as required. Works under the general supervision of a superior with latitude for the exercise of independent judgement; receives detailed instructions on some complex assignments; work is subject to review usually upon completion, for proper application of system management techniques.
- Implement, maintain and document operating system software and/or applications software as directed by management or project team leaders
- Develop knowledge of multiple software packages as required
- Provide technical help with multiple operating systems from Microsoft and Apple
- Maintain user permissions in Microsoft Active Director
- Assist with VMware vSphere maintenance
- Provide desktop support services for faculty and staff located at WEC
- Ensure functionality of all WEC IT equipment including labs, video capture, AV classroom equipment, and access to web-based programs
- Participate in projects to integrate new technologies including installing, configuring, and testing new hardware and software
- Function independently or as a member of an information technology team
- Respond to technical emergencies
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have technical knowledge of computer hardware and be proficient in one or more application packages
- Must have experience installing and configuring application packages and using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interpret and adhere to institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules, regulations, and standards
Graduation from a college of recognized standing with an associate’s degree or higher including or supplemented by successful completion of course work in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent.
- Experience with multiple operating systems from Microsoft and Apple
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Experience with VMware Horizon
- Experience working in a higher education setting
The following teaching positions are open. Click on the titles to learn more about the application details.